Inn From The Cold 관련 소식

by 운영자 posted Apr 17, 2016
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

현재 Living Spirit United Church를 섬기며 Inn From The Cold를 주관하고 있는 Evelyn으로부터 아래와 같은 안내 이메일이 왔습니다. 내용은, 오는 5월 1일 주일 오후 5시에 우리 KUCC의 셀 수 없는 좋은 추억들이 담긴 Living Spirit United Church에서 Inn From The Cold Volunteer들의 Potluck 모임이 있다는 것입니다.

Inn From The Cold 봉사 시간에만 잠깐씩 만나왔거나 서로 다른 시간대에 봉사하느라 만난 적이 없는 모든 자원봉사자들이 한자리에 모여 이야기를 나눌 수 있는 좋은 기회인 만큼 많은 분들이 참여하실 수 있기를 바랍니다.

참석이 가능하신 분들은 이 게시글의 답글이나, 이메일 또는 전화 등으로 가급적 이번 주중에 알려주시기 바랍니다. 그럼 이번 한 주도 주님 주시는 평안 속에 거하시길 바랍니다. 

2016-05-01 IFTC potluck invitation.jpg

Hi, Everyone!

I hope that all of you are well, and happy! 

I'm not sure how you feel, but I still feel like I have loose ends to tie up, especially with regard to all of you, IFTC volunteers over the years for my 1st Sunday IFTC and the 3rd Sunday IFTC.  Many of you I do not see anywhere except at Inns, and others work behind the scenes so I don't see you at all!  Each one of you has contributed to the success we had in supporting homeless guests for many years, and I am grateful to each one of you for your support of the Inns.  You made my job as Innkeeper MUCH easier, too, with your dedication.

This is an invitation to a wrap-up potluck at Living Spirit on May 1st, beginning at 5 pm, and it would be wonderful to see all of you! This is an inclusive event, and you are welcome to bring family members to celebrate, too.

The time is deliberately early so that seniors who are uncomfortable driving in the dark can celebrate and be safely home before nightfall, and it's on the first Sunday of the month for "old times' sake".  We have never had a get-together of all our IFTC volunteers, and I am sure that we have never had a larger or more dedicated group of volunteers in the history of our church - that alone is cause enough to come together to share our favourite foods and visit together.

Could I please enlist your help?  I have emailed this letter to as many volunteers as I can find email addresses for, and I know for SURE that there are lots of people that have been missed: those who volunteered in the past, or for whom don't have email addresses or contact information.  Could each of you think back to your volunteer time, and pass along this invitation to those with whom you volunteered, please?

In particular, Changhan, Soonchang and Kyong, could you please invite the other families from the KUC who provided supper for so many years?  I don't have contact information for any of them, and would love to see them.  Kathy and Marsha, your group involved many family members and friends for whom I have no contact information - could you please also pass the word to them for me?  Pat, Jack, Ches - there are many laundry and clean-up crew volunteers from the past - could you please get in touch to invite them? Kelly - please invite Jim and Cory. Jane P, could you please invite Ken and David, who always went above and beyond the call of duty -and therefore qualify as my IFTC volunteers, too.

No speeches, no duties, just a chance to visit, chat, catch up, eat some good food and celebrate many hours of working together for a good cause.

Thanks, everyone.  You aren't required to RSVP, but if you do, I'll have the chance to enjoy the anticipation of seeing you on May 1st! 

Mary, at the LSUC office, made the attached poster. 

Incidentally, LSUC's address is 629 - 49th Avenue, SW (just a block east of the Sunterra on Elbow Drive), for those of you who have never been there!

Hope to see you, and many thanks for volunteering!  love, E